Tuesday, July 29, 2008

SONA 2008

I can say that the President's SONA is well-written. If I haven't lived here in the Philippines, I would have been convinced that indeed, we're better today that few years back. But I lived here all my life and I know that the SONA is a lot of blah, if not a lot of bull. Yup, I have voted for GMA. I think that's one of the saddest decisions I have to contend with as a citizen of this country. I hope that I, together with the the majority of Filipinos, wouldn't commit the same mistake in 2010.

I know that somehow a speech writer has something to do with the lines she uttered near the end of her speech. Honestly, I wanted it to be true. True to its meaning, by a President who really cares for her countrymen and where this country is heading. But the thing is, if she really meant every word in those lines, I don't think we will be where we are right now... in a whole lot of mess.

"As your president, I care too much about this nation to let anyone stand in the way of our people's well-being. I will let no one and no one's political plans - threaten our nation's survival. Our country and our people have never failed to be there for us. We must be there for them now."
- Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
President, Republic of the Philippines
State of the Nation Address (July 28, 2008)
2nd Regular Session of the 14th Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. ;-)