Monday, July 28, 2008

ON LOVE AND DEVOTION

I'm reading this book about how a husband tries to woo his wife (by doing those little things often taken for granted), to bring back the spark in their 30-year long marriage. This line struck me most and made me think about my relationship with my husband. I hope and pray that we wouldn't plunge into a sea of complacency, where everything is just routine. I hope that 30 years from now, we would still look in each other's eyes and feel like we're in love the first time.

"Love, I've come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day."

- Wilson Lewis
The Wedding, Nicholas Sparks

1 comment:

  1. hello danie... thank you for this reminder. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. ;-)