Thursday, July 4, 2013

Diva Moment by Metro Working Mom

I got a taste of how it felt to be a "star", thanks to ABS-CBN Publishing's Metro Working Mom. They featured me as one of the Kapamilya moms who work behind the scenes for their July issue.  So how did it go? It was more than what I expected.

Hair and Makeup? Check. Wardrobe? Check. Platform shoes? Check. Accessories? Check. Photographer? Double check. The photo shoot was done by Sara Black, the beauteous model-turned photographer who's known for her gorgeous portraits of women.

With Sara Black (Photos by Kathrina Sanchez)
So eto na ba yung tinatawag nilang star treatment? (Insert laughter here.) Masaya naman.  Pero 'te, di ko 'to keri ng araw-araw.  May hangganan ang powers ko. It's quite hard being a different me.  Because the real me, will always be "me," a commoner. Ang hirap maging artista. (Insert louder laughter here.)

One with the real stars
It made me realize that for real stars to survive, they should embrace their Cinderella-like transformations.  And although, I'm very grateful for mine (even if it's just for 2 hours), I can't live and breathe it. Hindi ko siya kayang pangatawanan. While stars are dancing with platform shoes, I need to walk barefoot because I can't even walk three steps with them on. While stars are prepped at least two hours for hair and makeup, it was a test of patience for me. And while dresses are nice, I limit wearing them because I commute every single day. The realities of "me." Oh well.

A page of my own
I remember when I was in high school and college, I dreamed of being a TV reporter. But when I had my OJT at ABS-CBN, I saw the need to make an effort to look good, not most of the time, but all the time. It is something that I cannot commit to. So I conceded. Goodbye TV reporting career. But no regrets. I am very happy and contented with the work that I do, even if its away from the limelight. You can say that I've found my calling behind the camera.

For my diva moment, thank you Working Mom, Ms. Dedet Panabi, Ms. Leah Nemil-San Jose, Ms. Sara Black, my hair and make-up artists. It was an amazing experience.  At para mas star and dating... Pwedeng mag-promote? Please buy the July issue of Metro Working Mom, hindi dahil nandun ako kungdi dahil memorabilia siya. It is their best of TV issue (in time for the 60th anniversary of TV in the Philippines). Thank you all!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. ;-)