Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Baking, Bonding and Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

I dreamed of being a baking diva. When I learned that my rewards points can buy me an electric oven, even just a small one, I jumped at the opportunity. I always feel that the interest of my children to help in the kitchen (or wreck havoc), is a way for me to bond with them. So when I saw a recipe of banana chocolate chip bread I turned it into a banana chocolate chip muffin recipe, and assigned the Rainbow Sisters as my designated assistants. Truth is I didn't change anything in the recipe except instead of a bread pan I used a muffin pan. So how did it go? I think we're quite successful.  At least, according to our yaya, Ramir, R and S. Or they might be biased. Nonetheless, let me share the banana-chocolate-chip-bread-turned-banana-chocolate-chip-muffin recipe I got from an old Yummy magazine.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup corn oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin pan. Set aside.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. stir to mix.
3. In another bowl, combine brown sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add vanilla and mashed bananas. mix in the flour mixture. Lastly, add to chocolate chips. or mixture and do the muffins on. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
5. Cool pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. ;-)