Friday, September 5, 2008

YOUR MISSION IN LIFE

I attended the First Friday Mass today and the priest gave this sermon about finding your purpose or mission in life. Fr. Tito Caluag said, "Find out the one thing that you enjoy doing which provides you the greatest happiness, then intersect that with a hunger in the world, then you have found your mission in life."

That makes sense. For me it's educating children. It gives me great happiness to be able to teach and reach out to them - whether it be through storytelling or selling books or teaching them through play. And the hunger in world, meaning, that void that I need to fill is definitely on education. I hope that day would come when Filipino children would be granted equal access to good education. And I would try my best to contribute, to use my God-given talent to create and educate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. ;-)